Since years I have shared many skin and hair care remedies following hundreds of queries that we receive in a day. And, your support shows us how our remedies are helping you and makes us more keen to share more all-around and resourceful features.
Today, I thought of asking you the question from the title. You might get perplexed every day with the buzz about oily, normal, dry, sensitive or combination skin types in the market while choosing a product for your skincare regime. So, do you know which skin type you have?
Let me tell,it’s not something permanent. You skin types keeps on changing over time. It depends on weather, lifestyle, food habits and other external and internal factors on the same page.
Which things make the difference?Check the list is below…
- How much water is there in your skin cells! Proper hydration soothes your skin and gives a firm elasticity.
- How much excess sebum does your skin follicles produce! Excess sebum secretion results in giving you oily skin that affects its softness.
- How sensitive your skin is! How your skin reacts to the sun, environment and your lifestyle also shows how delicate skin you have.
KNOW IF YOU HAVE A NORMAL SKIN TYPE
You might feel a skin not too oily or not too dry. You can notice very few imperfection in your skin, less sensitivity, pores that are hardly visible and a glowing complexion.
KNOW IF YOU HAVE A DRY SKIN TYPE
With this skin type you will find your skin rough, chapped or flaky, hardly visible pores and red patches on cheeks or hands. Your skin can also become cracked, itchy or irritated and with excess dryness your skin on legs, feet and hands can become flaky and inflamed. Dry skin types also make lines on your skin more awfully visible.
Dry skin can cause due to various reasons:
Skin aging,dry or cold weather, indoor heating, hot showers, use of chemical cosmetics and medications too can give you dry flaky skin.
Few Tips For Your Dry Skin
- Avoid taking hot showers. You water should be lukewarm not steamy.
- Throw allthe chemical cosmetics from your shelf. Bring home organic soaps and otheressentials.
- Apply moisturizer immediately after washing your face or body.
- Don’t scrub daily. Scrub once or twice a week and be very gentle while doing so. Excessive scrubbing might result in a more dried out skin.
- Use humidifier in your room during winters if you are using room heaters. Air in your room should be hydrated enough to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Wear gloves while using detergents or solvents for household purposes.
KNOW IF YOU HAVE A OILY SKIN TYPE
Having thisskin type you need to be more careful than others.
If your skin is oily you will notice enlarged pores, complexion that is initially shiny but dull after sometime, blackheads, pimples and other blemishes.
But your oily skin too changes depending on situations like health or weather. Your skin can get oilier with puberty and hormonal changes in your body, pollution or stress.
Few Tips For Your Oily Skin:
If you have an extreme case of above symptoms, you should wash your face every time you feel it has turned greasy and dull.
Wash your face with a gentle organic cleanser and don’t scrub as it can worsen If you have irritated or acne-prone skin.
Stop you have a bad habit of popping or squeezing your pimples. It will take longer to heal and can also leave scars on your skin.
Beat Oil with Oil. Use Jojoba, Argan, Avocado or Grapeseed oil to get relieved from oily skin. Read more to treat oily skin with oils.
KNOW IF YOU HAVE A COMBINATION SKIN TYPE
You can feel both dryness and oiliness in different areas of your skin. For example, your T-zone that includes nose, forehead and chin might have oily skin and your cheeks might be dry or normal at the same time.
For combination skin type you can notice pores larger than normal skin types, you can find blackheads on you T-zone and might also have a radiant skin.
KNOW IF YOU HAVE A SENSITIVE SKIN TYPE
This skin types combine almost all the types mentioned above. If you have a sensitive skin, redness, itchiness, dry-flaky-chapped skin or inflammations are all you’ll have.
Some Necessary Everyday Skincare Tips For Healthy Skin:
- Moisturize your skin every time you wash.
- Use chemical free organic oils or soaps to prevent damage.
- Avoid consuming excessive alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water the whole day to remain hydrated.
- Wash your skin before going to bed. Never sleep with your makeup.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Use hat or sunglasses during outdoor hours.